Wednesday, January 16, 2008

See! It's Harder Than It Looks!

My career path is not a normal one. I spent fifteen somewhat successful years in the corporate world before finally realizing that my calling in life was to make wisecracks on the radio about Rafer Alston, Eli Manning, and vasectomies. I was fortunate enough to find someone (God bless you, John Granato!) who agreed that this was my calling. A new radio station is born and - VOILA! - the dream is alive! Because I was handed the keys to a drive time radio show (actually one set of keys, John Harris has the other set), I think people assume that getting on a microphone and spewing a coherent thought or two is pretty easy. To those people, I give you the following video of Tom from Huntington University as a cautionary tale .... (granted, this video is TV and not radio, but you get my point)



[Video courtesy of Awful Announcing.]

Somewhere, Brian Collins of Ball State University feels vindicated ...



Worth mentioning, Ball State and Huntington are 59 miles apart. Must be in the Indiana water.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's freaking brutal. Also is that Mark Vandermeer's son or twin brother??

Del in Katy

Anonymous said...

There have been some folks who have bombed my friend but you and John have taken this bull by the horns and are finding success. The only stragler left to complete the transformation is Justice and even with his meltdown can pull it off. He just needs to sit in the cooker a little longer and he'll be fine.

Gordo said...

The first thing I thought of after watching this was what the late Bon Scott of AC/DC said when he wrote the lyrics to the song "It's a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll". Nothing great is easy, otherwise anybody could do it.

Anonymous said...

well at least that wasnt awkward.

Anonymous said...

That's just an absolute beating!!! It's just like listening to the "other" sports radio station down the dial.